Site home Album home Up one level
Previous image Next image
Stapleford and Sandiacre Water Supply
Risley Service Reservoirs- 1964
Download image
Risley Park Reservoir
Risley Park Service Reservoir was constructed 1928 to feed Sandiacre and Stapleford by the Stapleford and Sandiacre Water Company - later taken over by Shardlow RDC Water Department.

From the History of Sharlow RDC Water Undertaking by F Haynes: Before Shardlow R.D.C. took over in 1931, this water company extended and developed the original scheme considerably. They converted the steam pumping plant to diesel and electrically driven pumps, constructed a service reservoir in Risley Park (capacity 100,000 gallons) and, in order to soften the hard local water, they bought daily 45,000 gallons from the Derwent Valley Water Board and mixed the waters in the Risley Reservoir,

Risley Service reservoirs (1 and 2) were constructed by Long Eaton UDC. See LEUDC file.

Entrance to the lane is from opposite the Risley Park Pub was the Blue Ball.